Alcohol is one of the most commonly abused substances in the United States. However, alcohol use is legal and often a part of social interaction. Often it is hard for someone with an alcohol addiction to be able to tell when it is time to seek help. The line between normal drinking and an addiction may seem blurry, but if your use of alcohol is negatively effecting other areas of your life then it may be time to talk with a specialist about your alcohol use.
If you can answer yes to any of the questions below, it may be time to speak with an expert about your drinking problem:
- Do your feel a sense of guilt or shame after drinking?
- Have you lied about your whereabouts or activities to hide the fact that you were drinking?
- Have your loved ones approached you about your alcohol use and told you that they are worried about your behaviors?
- Do you use alcohol to improve your mood or to feel better?
- Have you blacked out or been unable to remember what you did after drinking?
- Do you find yourself drinking more than you anticipated or originally planned to?
It can be hard to self-identify when your drinking has moved to alcohol addiction. A good rule of thumb is if there are negative effects in your life or the lives of the people around you, your drinking should be addressed.
Once you admit to yourself that it is time to seek help for your alcohol addiction, it is time to find the right program for you. It is important to find a program that can meet your objectives and provide the level of support and attention that you are looking for.
Located in northern California, Summit Estate Recovery Center provides individualized treatment plans to help our clients live clean lives. We realize that every person is different and therefore has different needs. We take time to understand your individual situation, your goals and objectives before determining your treatment care plan. This is all done in a luxury setting on our 23 acre estate. We intentionally limit our center to six beds to be able and provide individual attention to each for each of our clients.
Contact us today at 800-701-6997 to receive more information about our program and to find out how we can help you overcome an alcohol addiction.